Contributor: 0xNymja
Event: Blockchain Rio, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, August
Reimbursement requested: $300 in NYM (approved in advance by Jaya)
What happened
I went to Blockchain Rio representing Nym and handed out 100 NymVPN free trial codes to attendees.
I also got Nym mentioned from the stage. I spoke with the moderator of one of the panels beforehand, and during the session he talked about Nym to the audience and offered free vouchers directly from the stage. I have this on video.
The distribution ran from the Zcash Brasil booth. They hosted our materials and pitched Nym to their own visitors alongside their project, which gave Nym a second voice at the event at no extra cost.
What came out of it
100 free codes went directly into people’s hands. The audience was crypto-native and already privacy-aware, which is the segment most likely to actually redeem a mixnet VPN trial rather than ignore it.
The stage mention put Nym in front of a full panel audience at once, not just the people who walked past the booth.
The Nym and Zcash partnership got activated on the ground in Brazil. The Zcash team explained our value proposition to their visitors without me having to be there for every conversation. That moves the partnership from an announcement into something the community has seen in person.
I made contacts during the event with people positioned to help promote Nym in the Brazilian market. Follow-ups are in progress and I’ll report back on whatever converts.
Cost
| Free codes distributed | 100 |
|---|---|
| Total cost to Nym | $300 |
| Cost per code handed out | $3.00 |
| Event ticket | obtained through my own contacts. $0 to Nym. |
| Booth space | Hosted by Zcash, $0 |
$3.00 per in-person contact with a qualified user is below what paid acquisition costs for VPN products, and these came with an actual conversation attached.
Expenses
Travel, accommodation and local transport: $300 total.
**
Media

