Support decentralization on nodes in Canada, Vancouver with a rare ISP

NOTE: Previously these were nodes in Ukraine. Sadly the data center was attacked and I had to move them to Canada. I edited the post accordingly.

Hello NYM community,

I want to invite you to stake on 16 new entry/exit nodes in Canada (CA) hosted with a provider that is as far as I know used by almost no other node so far.

Vancouver is on Canada’s west coast. There are currently no exit nodes there as far as I can tell.

Decentralization

By staking on nodes in rare locations/providers you can make them more sustainable and allow future nodes to pop up in those rare locations/providers which is essential for decentralization.

If you stake on other nodes in rare locations/providers you of course also contribute to decentralization. It doesn’t have to be my nodes :sports_medal:.

No Logs

My nodes do not log any user activity. I have disabled kernel firewall/connection logs, nginx access and error logs and nym-node logs. Systemd is configured to delete additional logs after 3 days.

Not logging user activity is also required in the operator terms and conditions but neither the Nym Node docs nor the Ansible docs do explicitly disable all logs.

Me saying this is of course no guarantee, but I hope that this also encourages others to do the same.

Hosted under Pseudonym

Additionally my nodes are hosted under a pseudonym (bhsysmx) without any trace to a real person which means that it is harder for an adversary to force me to do anything.

Node Info

Node ID: 6C1hNNHH2EC5h3jTiz2SSZQB74hRZvM3TFeDys7GVh1K

Node ID: D3my3o615aCU9FFoq6eC1q3mVLGE5xV83US9isr3usy8

Node ID: 8j3kbDrnGh13JCbGAocgdxG4LupirFAaA4y4weUSTfqD

Node ID: AiF17cBRGv7VqjoaDKRosymsU94LemDBKCnnZZ1kS1Ym

Node ID: BSgn2wR3zB5TK2XaLcfaFXrNZsToNsJzkm27mNwmDzLb

Node ID: FPS6BJYSYgDHm5SLtsouCQGA1LCjBgusCKFjXJFgPTL5

Node ID: 74cCucxULXWze8XwELkBiJzewDMFX689th1DXRZhLysS

Node ID: H7i4DmRTbuog2y1468AVJygENbfdVteDJsmxFNqzoXEY

Node ID: CVhVBAhsoPCSU9KwF7WHgpav7JDzZ7Dw3jKAsV1EorG9

Node ID: BAEajCvSZHt7TjYpAzbovm93h8Gh5AvEZ4XwVx4WnRQ1

Node ID: HgYhEXsHHz2mgBTF5QtMaYiM3VEVUVmhnP27VAGw3ZRm

Node ID: 3vnjnx4iQkeaoG6TcwKrqfigLztUzkjEvUQGwJzrfPrc

Node ID: AQ5ksicCMS7wk5dpbXCXjyRuBd13FHjXyn7wZkDiDNAw

Node ID: BKeSQpmjTwRPnTpSneu2X2vMFvjSzNxRjpFnYvfoBEkt

Node ID: BbCTay8Mx1AmJ88cYqpSZcNSgqQALFgTfn9G2WwbgSRS

Node ID: 9b5J6iNNufFeU7yCz2GJBJsTUCqLd1v8pjq4k4okg1mJ

2 Likes

Full Support :waving_hand:

1 Like

Full Support :waving_hand:

Thank you! :1st_place_medal:

Update: Attack on Kyiv data center

There were multiple drone attacks in Kyiv on Sep 23 UTC. My dedicated server has been down since then.

People have lost their lives and were injured. Others might no longer have internet access. Reuters, kyivindependent.com and politico have reported on this and there is ongoing discussion on lowendtalk.com.

This and not overwhelming or blaming vsys for me is currently much more important than trying to get my nodes back up. I also can’t influence disaster recovery anyways and I am very happy for the Ukrainian emergency services that are helping the people affected by this attack on their lives recover. I really hope that the Ukrainian people will soon not have to live with these threats and keep their sovereignty and freedom.

I have a backup that allows me to restore my nodes. For now however I will wait for disaster recovery because I can’t afford just renting a second server while paying for my current server. From the correspondence with vsys it seems like the data centers have been hit directly, but there is a chance that they might be able to recover.

The following is a direct quote from a reply email I have received Thu Sep 24 22:21 UTC 2026:

Dear Customer,

We would like to provide a direct update on the current situation in Kyiv.

As a result of the recent attack, both data centers in Kyiv where our infrastructure is located were directly hit.

Based on the information currently available to us, most servers inside the data halls have survived. However, we do not yet have physical access to the facilities and therefore cannot retrieve or relocate the equipment.

Our team is in continuous contact with the data center personnel and is closely monitoring the situation. As soon as access becomes possible and we receive verified information about the infrastructure’s condition and next recovery steps, we will update you immediately.

We understand how critical this situation is for your operations and will keep you informed as developments occur.

1 Like

As always, the terrorist regime is targeting Ukraine’s civilian and free population. I’m with you, brother—that’s what decentralization is for, to help in situations like this.

1 Like

Thank you @Beyond :slight_smile:

I haven’t seen the damage and vsys hasn’t given accurate information but judging from photos (probably not of the exact data center) in the articles and vsys statement that there was a direct hit, I’d assume that it will not be safe to enter the building for maybe a few weeks. This sadly means that I can’t justify keeping the nodes down that long (a few days would’ve been okay). After the data center in Ukraine is back up I will rent the same dedicated server there to bring them back.

For now I am waiting for vsys to add a balance of ~$200 to my account credits that I have already spent for the next month of the Ukraine server. That money will be used to rent a dedicated server in Canada, Vancouver which is a region where there aren’t many nodes since it’s Canada’s west coast. On either Sunday UTC or Monday UTC I expect the same node ids to be back up, but in Canada. I will of course update this post to reflect that.

As I have said before though, this is just while the data center in Ukraine is down, afterwards I will immediately rent the same server again. I expect that I’ll be able to afford this without any problems after the Canada server is up and running for a week.

1 Like

The situation seems to have changed again:

Because of this article I will not cancel the dedicated server in Ukraine right now. Maybe support gives me a temporary solution in another country soon and I will be able to migrate back to a Ukraine vsys data center after that is operational.

I don’t think it will be faster if I cancel and then rent a new server in Canada, especially on a weekend. This means that the nodes will stay down and for now not change location, but may migrate temporarily after which they will be back in Ukraine.

After that is resolved I will soon also add a server in Canada with a few nodes, which I wanted to do anyways.

1 Like

I expect all nodes to be up again tomorrow (2026-09-29 UTC) at the end of the day.

I have now finally received a paid invoice for a replacement server in Canada from vsys. From my experience it might still take 24h from now to actually get access to that server since they will have to prepare everything. Afterwards I will have to restore backups and redeploy the nodes manually. This is my current ETA, it might still change.

A big thank you goes out to anyone that decided to keep their stake on my nodes or supported me in any other way! :heart:

Sadly renting servers in a war zone means that there is this risk. It however is still quite important for decentralization to not avoid them. This is especially true because a lot of places in the world have ongoing conflicts.

I assume that redeploying nodes in Ukraine with vsys will take over a week, but I will deploy an equivalent server with 16 nodes there as soon as possible.

1 Like

The nodes are now up again.

I might have to do some more work on the nodes in the following days, but I expect them to be as reliable as the ones in Ukraine.

As I’ve said earlier I’ll do everything to add 16 additional nodes in Ukraine soon. For those I’ll be using new IDs and make a new post.

1 Like